Maintenance vehicles

TSC 037 at Allora.

For track work and other maintenance, SDSR currently has the following vehicles (including several trailers):

  • section car TSC 037 (four-man), restored and motor operational
  • section car TSC 538 (two-man), under restoration, motor operational
  • section car TSC 034 (four-man), motor is missing
  • double pumper, restored and operational (donated by Chinchilla Historical Society)

Ballast Wagon No. VTS 777

Built: 1940
Retired: 1980
Weight: 11.5t
Capacity: 6.2 cubic metres
Length: 4.48m
Width: 2.65m
Gauge: 1,065mm gauge (3ft 6in)

Ballast wagon at the Warwick Railway Precinct.

This Ballast wagon was abandoned and found pushed into the scrub at Cobba-da-mana (towards Inglewood) after it had derailed.

The wagon was transferred to it’s present site at Warwick Railway Precinct in 1996.

Water gin/wagon No. GWW 23260

Current status: 100% RESTORED – Mainline Operational
Built: 1955
Capacity: 3750 gallons (17,050 liters)
Weight: (Tare) 15.5t. (Gross) 32.5t.
Length: 9.140m
Width: 1.30m
Gauge: 1,065mm gauge (3ft 6in)

Built by Evan Deakin, Rocklea, Brisbane, this wagon entered service in April 1955 and was used to carry exra water for the Garrett steam locomotives during the era of steam.

Water gin undergoing retoration at the Warwick Railway Precinct.

After steam ended it was used to carry waste oil from diesel locomotives.

The retirement date is unknown, but the wagon was acquired by SDSR and moved to Warwick in 2004.

It is currently in use as part of our tourist train operations to Wallangarra.